How to Bathe a Cat Back to the Pet Page Back to the Home Page
Dear dedicated cat owner, use the following procedure to keep your cat's wonderful coat shiny and germ-free:
1. Thoroughly clean the toilet.
2. Lift both lids and add shampoo.
3. Find and soothe the cat as you carry him to bathroom.
4. In one swift move, place the cat in the toilet, close both lids and stand on top, so the cat cannot escape.
5. The cat will self agitate and produce ample suds (Ignore the ruckus from inside the toilet, the cat is thoroughly enjoying this).
6. Flush the toilet 3 or 4 times. This provides power rinse, which is quite effective.
7. Have someone else open the outside door, then stand as far from the toilet as possible and quickly lift both lids.
8. The clean cat will rocket out of the toilet into the outdoors, where he will air dry.